Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Faculty
J. Lawrence Marsh, MD
- Medical School - Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY
- Residency - Boston University Affiliated Residency Training Program
- Fellowship - Oxford University and Nuffield Orthopaedic Center, Oxford, England
Honors, Awards and Organizations
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Editor Oxford Textbook of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Recipient of first Austrian/Swiss/German traveling fellowship
- Musculoskeletal trauma
- Articular injury and repair
- Fracture classification
- Articulated fixation, ankle, elbow
- Elbow kinematics
- Ankle kinematics
- External fixation for peri-articular fractures
- Dynamization of external fixation
- Clinical application of external fixation
- Amputation vs. salvage for severe lower extremity injuries
- Factors leading to poor outcome after acetabular fracture surgery
Recent Publications and Reviews
- Bonar S., Marsh J.L.: Unilateral External Fixation for Severe Pilon Fractures. Foot and Ankle 14:57-64, 1993.
- Fitzpatrick D.C., Marsh J.L., Brown T.D.: Articulated External Fixation of Pilon Fractures: The Effects on Ankle Joint Kinematics. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma 9:76-82, 1995.
- Marsh J.L., Bonar S., Nepola J.V., DeCoster T.A., and Hurwitz S.R.: Use of an Articulated External Fixator for Fractures of the Tibial Plafond. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 77-A:1498-1509, 1995.
- Martin J.G., Marsh J.L., Bonar S.K., DeCoster T.A., Found, E.M., Brandser E.A.: Assessment of the AO/ASIF Fracture Classification for the Distal Tibia. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma 11:477-483, 1997.
- Williams T.M., Marsh J.L., Nepola J.V., Decister T.A., Hurwitz S., and Bonar S.: External Fixation of Tibial Plafond Fractures: Is Routine Plating of the Fibula Necessary? J Orthop Trauma 12:16-20, 1998.