Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Faculty
Ryan M. Ilgenfritz, MD, MS
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery and Scoliosis - Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Rady Children’s Hospital Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Diego San Diego, CA
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery - Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Iowa City, IA
- Master of Science in Clinical and Health Services Research - The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice Dartmouth College Lebanon, NH
- Medical Scholars Program - University of Miami School of Medicine Miami, FL University of Miami Coral Gables, FL
- Doctor of Medicine - University of Miami School of Medicine Miami, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - University of Miami Coral Gables, FL
- Ilgenfritz RM, Gandhi AA, Fredericks DC, Grosland NM, Smucker JD. Considerations for the Use of C7 Crossing Laminar Screws in Subaxial and Cervicothoracic Instrumentation. (Accepted for publication in Spine, 2012 Nov 19. [Epub ahead of print]).
- Ilgenfritz RM, Yaszay B, Bastrom TP, Newton PO, Harms Study Group. Lenke 1C and 5C Spinal Deformities Fused Selectively – Five Year Outcomes of the Uninstrumented Compensatory Curves. (Accepted for publication in Spine, 2012 Oct 19. [Epub ahead of print]).
- Ilgenfritz RM, Jones KB, Lueck N, Buckwalter JA. Intraosseous neurilemmoma involving the distal tibia and fibula: a case report. Iowa Orthop J. 2006; 26: 138–143.
- Ilgenfritz RM, Weinstein SL. Sequela of Pediatric Hip Disease. In: Callaghan JJ, Editor. The Adult Hip – Joint Preservation Surgery, Volume 3, 2012 (In progress).
- Ilgenfritz RM, Wenger DR. Triple Pelvic Osteotomy for the Treatment of Symptomatic Acetabular Dysplasia. In: Callaghan JJ, Editor. The Adult Hip – Joint Preservation Surgery, Volume 3, 2011 (In progress).
- Ilgenfritz RM, Weinstein SL. Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. In: British Medical Journal - Point of Care (group.bmj.com/products/evidence-centre/bmj-point-of-care-1), 2009.
Honors and Awards
- Research Committee Member, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA), Chicago, IL
- Trauma & Prevention Committee Member, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (POSNA), Chicago, IL
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation,Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics and Scoliosis,Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
- Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH
- American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Emerging Leaders Forum
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society Scholarship
- American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Resident Leadership Forum Participant
- Editor: Iowa Orthopaedic Journal, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Iowa City, IA
- Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma- Best Orthopaedic Teaching Resident
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Alpha Chapter of Florida, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Medical Scholars Program, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Phi Beta Kappa, Delta Chapter of Florida, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
- Phi Kappa Phi, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
- Golden Key National Honor Society, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- American Medical Association
- Iowa Medical Society
- Iowa Orthopaedic Society
Clinical and Research Interests
- Pediatric Orthopaedic outcomes research (hip disorders, spine deformity, trauma/injuries)
- Regional treatment variation in Pediatric Orthopaedics and Pediatric Spinal Deformity
- Early-Onset Scoliosis
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Hip disorders and joint preservation (childhood, adolescent, and young adult)
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Trauma
- Traumatic injuries of the spine
- Cost-Effectiveness & Decision Analysis
- Practice techniques and decision making tools to enhance patient and family experience during treatment for Pediatric Orthopaedic conditions (patient-centered & family-centered care)