Work Injury Recovery Center
Description of Services
UI Work Injury Recovery Center (WIRC) is designed to assure speedy access to our orthopaedic physicians with reliable, prompt communications to case managers, insurers, attorneys and employers.
In order to insure that injured workers receive timely and excellent medical care, this dedicated service will offer:
- Prompt consultation with an orthopaedic surgeon for acute injuries.
- Specialist consultation, including spine, shoulder, hip/knee, hand and other specialties, for complex cases.
- Expedited scheduling of necessary imaging and operative procedures, including same day CT and MRI imaging studies.
- Prompt surgical intervention when needed.
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation programs for evaluation and treatment.
- Multi-disciplinary panel of orthopaedic specialists to review complex cases, make treatment recommendations and generate a report. “Complex cases” are those in which the patient has had previous surgery for the injury in question, a history of prolonged failed conservative treatment, or prior consultation/treatment by another orthopaedic surgeon.
Using the talents and resources of our entire team, we are ready to meet your needs for expert, timely and reliable care for your employees. We understand your goal is both optimal care and minimal lost time from work.